Collection: "My Dream, I Was Just Raped" by Monoko Hanasaki


The best opportunity to buy good value art in Japan is at Design Festa, a vast art fair that takes place several times a year, usually at Tokyo Design Site. This attracts thousands of amateur and semi-pro artists, many of them young, most of them hopeless, but some of them immensely talented. This masterpiece of cute girlish nihilism and moral vacuity by a pudgy young artist called Monoko Hanasaki set me back 7,000 yen (I didn't even haggle), which I think was something of a bargain, even if Ms. Hanasaki later disappears without trace, although I suspect she won't. The Japanese title is "わたしのゆめは、ただおかされるだけ." Check out more of her work on her Tumblr site.
Post A Comment
  • Blogger Comment using Blogger
  • Facebook Comment using Facebook
  • Disqus Comment using Disqus

No comments :


Ceramic Artists